Loading, please wait

Support at home

  • Adult social care

If you need help with everyday activities like getting washed and dressed, and don’t have enough support from friends or relatives, then there's lots of options available to help you to stay in your own home.

This support could be arranged privately or provided through the council if you qualify for support from us.

Options available to help you to stay as independent as possible include:

  • equipment or adaptations to support you in getting around in your home
  • falls prevention service for people with a history of falls or near misses, to help you feel more steady on your feet (provided by Central London Community Healthcare)
  • Telecare technology to make it possible for people to call for help and assistance when needed such as a pendant alarm that is worn around your neck, and sensors such as bed exit sensors
  • having someone come to your home to help you with daily tasks through a home care service
  • floating support is short term help for people by offering a range of housing-related support which promotes independence and empowerment
  • handyperson's scheme which provides practical help to older and disabled people who have difficulties with carrying out small jobs around the house
  • AskSARA - online guided advice about daily living for older and disabled people

Check out our Social Care Connect directory for information and contact details for private homecare providers, cleaning agencies and equipment providers in and around Barnet.


  • Barnet Centre for Independent Living
  • Grahame Park Concourse, Colindale NW9 5UX
  • Tel: 020 8359 6450
  • Email: info@barnetcil.org.uk
  • Social Care Direct
  • Barnet House,
    1255 High Road, N20 0EJ
    Tel: 020 8359 5000
    Email: socialcaredirect@barnet.gov.uk
    SMS: 07506 693707(for text messages only)
  • Complaints and Representations Manager
  • Barnet House,
    1255 High Road, N20 0EJ
    Tel: 020 8359 4299
    Email: complaint.adults@barnet.gov.uk

Rate this page