Loading, please wait

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

  • Council tax and benefits


Find out about available housing benefits

Housing Benefits advice

Work out how many bedrooms you can claim for. 
Local Housing Allowance calculator

Find out about the latest changes to benefits and welfare reform
Benefits are changing

Supplying evidence to the Benefits Service

If you are supplying evidence to the Benefits Service you can do this in person or by post. You can call at either Barnet House or Burnt Oak Library weekdays between 9am and 4.30pm, you do not need to make an appointment to do this.

If you bring your documents to Barnet House or Burnt Oak Library, we will take copies of them and hand the originals back to you.

If you send them by post, we will return them to you via the Royal Mail. Documents will be sent second class unless you provide a pre-paid envelope in which case your documents will be returned as you have requested. Items such as birth certificates, driving licences or passports will be returned via Recorded Delivery.

To see an advisor, you will need to make an appointment in advance.

For all telephone enquiries call: 0208 359 2000

Lines open: Monday – Thursday: 9am – 5:15pm, Friday: 9am – 5pm



Download documents

Rate this page