- Council tax and benefits
Stop fraud in Barnet
We are committed to reducing and preventing fraud and corruption in Barnet. We will take action to prevent, detect and investigate all types of fraud to ensure public funds are protected and used for those in genuine need.
The council has a Corporate Anti Fraud Team (CAFT), which is a specialist investigative unit established to investigate allegations of fraud and irregularities, including:
- housing and tenancy fraud e.g. illegal subletting, false application for housing
- council tax fraud e.g. claiming to be single and receiving 25 per cent discount on your council tax
- disabled parking / blue badge fraud e.g. parking on disabled bays when the blue badge holder is not present
- procurement fraud
- payroll and pension fraud
- business rates fraud e.g. companies falsely claiming empty property or charitable relief
- direct payments fraud e.g. people who falsely claim to be disabled to obtain care funds or misuse the funds
As well as other kinds of internal fraud, bribery, corruption or money laundering activity.
Report all suspicions of fraud against the council and its partners to the Corporate Anti-Fraud Team.
- by using the online reporting form
- Call the Fraud hotline: 020 8359 2007
- Whistleblowing line: 020 8359 6123
- Email - CAFT@barnet.gov.uk
- Corporate Anti-Fraud team
- North London Business Park,
Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1NP
- Tel: 020 8359 2007
- Email: CAFT@barnet.gov.uk