Loading, please wait

Drains and water related problems

  • Business

Water courses

Pollution of controlled water courses such as brooks, streams, and rivers should be reported to the Environment Agency.

Public sewers

Public sewers in Barnet are the responsibility of Thames Water (tel: 08459 200 800).

From October 2011 legislation changed regarding the responsibility for some domestic property sewers. Please see Thames Water's important legal changes to the ownership of your sewers page.

We don't manage privately owned drains and sewers in the borough, however we may have enforcement powers to deal with issues relating to drains and sewers under public health legislation. Contact Barnet's Environmental Health team for further information and advice.

Council tenants

Council tenants with blocked drains should report it to the Housing Repairs Section on 020 8359 5225.

Mains water

Mains water is the responsibility of the mains water provider for your area, including all clean water issues such mains water leaks and dripping overflow pipes. Find out who your supplier is on Water UK.


  • Re Ltd Regulatory Services
  • Environmental Health, Barnet House, 1255 High Road, London N20 0EJ
  • Tel: 020 8359 7995
  • Email: nuisance@barnet.gov.uk

Rate this page