School libraries resources service
The service is available to all schools in the London Borough of Barnet on a subscription basis. Subscriptions are for one financial year at a time and are based on pupil numbers.
If you are joining the service for the first time, please contact the service for advice.
Membership is separate from the public library service and you should register using your current school’s address and contact details.
A librarian can provide professional advice and support for schools on the development of their own library resource centres, and help schools to select books for their libraries.
Resources and special collections
Tailor-made loans for every teacher in the school and not just books! We loan to schools to support the delivery of the National Curriculum.
• Books (Fiction and non fiction)
• Big Books (Fiction, non fiction and a few titles in Braille)
• Dual language picture books
• Other educational resources
Details of all resources available from the SLRS are featured within the online library catalogue. Use 'select location' to find items belonging to the SLRS after entering your search term. In the classic catalogue you need to search the whole database which includes SLRS items.
Special loan collections on different topics
• Educational artefacts (faith collections, historical and geographical themes)
• Single author collections
• Reproduction art prints
• Resources packs
• CDs ( spoken word and world music)
Special collections can be included as part of your school's loan request.
- School Library Resources Service
- Hendon Library, The Burroughs, London NW4 4BQ
- Tel: 020 8359 3931
- Email: SLRS@barnet.gov.uk
- Opening hours
- Monday - Friday 10am - 5pm (term-time)
Please find attached a flier with details of the various services and resources we can offer your school. We offer cost effective, up-to-date resources catering for the Curriculum. If you are interested in learning more or would like us to visit your school in order to speak to staff, please do not hesitate to contact us.