Parking tickets (Penalty Charge Notices)
- Parking, roads and pavements
By paying you’re admitting liability and can’t appeal the penalty charge
You can also make payment over the phone by calling the 24-hour automated payment line on 020 8359 7446 and selecting Option 1
You must pay in full. We can’t accept credit or debit card payments, or cash, by post.
We accept all major credit cards, but not American Express.
You can pay by cheque or postal order by post. Please make sure that:
- cheques and postal orders are payable to 'London Borough of Barnet'
- you write the PCN number ('AG number' on the notice) and the vehicle registration number on the back of the cheque or postal order
- you correctly sign and date them – they can’t be post-dated
- postal orders are stamped by the post office
- the amount in figures is the same as the amount in words
- you leave enough time for us to receive your payment within the discount period if you’re paying at the discount rate
Penalty charges are:
- £110 for higher rate penalties
- £60 for lower rate penalties, and
- £130 for CCTV camera contraventions
Challenge or Appeal a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)
You can appeal or view images of your alleged contravention. You’ll need your PCN number prefixed by AG and vehicle registration number. Please allow 24 hours for images to appear online.
You must challenge your penalty charge notice in writing, including:
- your penalty charge notice number, your vehicle registration number, and your full address including postcode
- as much detail as possible to support your challenge
- any evidence including photos that support your challenge
You can’t appeal a penalty charge notice by phone. You can write to the Barnet Parking Team by clicking ‘View the evidence or make an appeal’ above, or by post to:
If you make a challenge during the 14-day discount period we will place your PCN on hold until we respond. If your challenge is unsuccessful you can still pay at the discounted amount.
Please don’t write to us again until you receive a Notice to Owner (or Enforcement Notice for Bus Lane PCNs) which is sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle. The Notice to Owner (or Enforcement Notice for Bus Lane PCNs) is sent out not less than 28 days after your PCN is served.
When you, as the registered keeper of the vehicle, receive a Notice to Owner (or Enforcement Notice for Bus Lane PCNs) you can make a formal appeal to us which must be made in writing. If your formal appeal is unsuccessful you may need to pay the charge in full.
Appeals to Environment and Traffic Adjudicators at London Tribunals (formerly PATAS)
If you make a formal appeal to us and this is unsuccessful, we will write to you to advise of this and will include a form for you to make a further appeal to the independent adjudicator. The adjudicator will examine your case and their decision is legally binding on both parties.
Please refer to the London Tribunals site for further information.
Lost your Penalty Charge Notice?
If you’ve lost your PCN, contact us by phone. Remember we cannot discuss details over the phone if you want to challenge or appeal.
Telephone 020 8359 7446 (PCN enquiries only, if you wish to challenge/appeal your PCN you must do this in writing)