Loading, please wait

Planning forms

  • Planning, conservation and building control

The quickest and easiest way for you to submit a planning application is online via either the Planning Portal or iApply service.

Apply online via the planning portal

Apply online via iApply

There you’ll find step-by-step advice for each type of application and form.

You can save your work on the site and come back to it if you don’t have all of your information to hand.

Once you’ve completed your application online, it’s sent to us the same day.

If you’d prefer to apply on paper, you’ll need to:

How to avoid delays in processing your application

We’ll only start to process your application when we receive all of the necessary plans, supporting documentation and the appropriate fee.

Applications are often incomplete because:

  • the necessary application fee hasn’t been paid
  • a completed community infrastructure levy form hasn’t been submitted
  • the ownership certificate submitted is incorrect
  • a site location plan hasn’t been submitted - site plans can be bought here
  • the plans submitted do not show the existing situation and the proposed scheme adequately or accurately

To avoid incomplete applications, please ensure you read the National and local requirements and fees list before you submit your application.

Applications for Major development require information to be submitted concerning the Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems proposed as part of the development. To help applicants provide the necessary information that the Planning Authority will need before determining your application, please complete the following form:


Community infrastructure levy (CIL)

The community infrastructure levy is a levy on new development that will create residential units or new build floor space.

The money raised from the community infrastructure levy can be used to support development by funding infrastructure that the council, local community and neighbourhoods want, like new or safer road schemes, park improvements or a new health centre.

This means that planning permissions, planning appeals, enforcement appeals and permitted development could potentially be liable to pay the levy.

Therefore, all planning applications must be accompanied by a community infrastructure levy additional information form. This form will allow us to determine whether your development is liable to pay the levy.  Guidance notes will help you to complete the form.

The responsibility to pay the levy runs with the ownership of the land, unless another party has assumed liability.  An Assumption of CIL Liability Form should be submitted to us with the planning application to ensure that the CIL liability notice is issued to the correct party.


  • Planning
  • Barnet House, 1255 High Road, Whetstone, London N20 0EJ
  • Tel: 020 8359 3000
  • Email: planning.enquiry@barnet.gov.uk

Rate this page